Garage Door Cable Repair in Madison, Wisconsin
There’s a good chance that you open and close your garage door dozens of times every week. While you can expect some wear and tear, it’s important to monitor the condition of high-stress components, like cables, for the safety of family members, friends and employees.
You want to make sure your residential or commercial garage door stays in pristine condition year-round. R&R Doors is here with garage door cable repair and replacement services for those near Madison, Cross Plains and nearby locations in Wisconsin.
Home and business owners underestimate the importance of garage door cables. However, these installations are your first line of defense against potential accidents in case springs snap or rollers come off tracking. If you’re experiencing a garage door emergency, you can rely on our knowledgeable technicians to get the job done at a time that works for you.
Importance of Garage Door Cable Maintenance
Most people forget about garage door cables until something unexpected occurs. Hundreds of parts make up your garage door assembly. Cables act like a safety net in case metal pieces rust out, break or undergo physical damage. The main purpose of garage door cables is to lift and close your assembly, but deterioration in this area is enough to cause unwanted strain on your automatic opener.
Trust your local experts at R&R Doors for garage door cable repairs near Madison if the following applies to you:
- Your overhead cables are starting to fray.
- Your garage door cables are thinner in some areas.
- The cables sag several feet below the opener.
- The garage door cables squeak during operation.
- Your door is unable to open or close completely.
Keep in mind that garage door cables hold a lot of tension. Do not attempt to adjust or replace cables without a certified technician.
Our Garage Door Cable Replacement Services in Wisconsin
Garage doors have different cable styles based on their setup. Our technicians will perform an initial inspection of your garage door assembly and broken cable to determine the length, thickness and variety of cables you need for a repair. With over three decades of experience in the industry, R&R Doors services the following garage door cables for your convenience:
- Torsion cable replacements: Torsion cables communicate with drums located near the top of your garage door assembly. We perform torsion cable repairs within Madison and Cross Plains to ensure garage door springs store energy properly for opening and closing.
- Extension cable replacements: Extension cables are positioned in-line with horizontal garage door tracking. In working condition, extension cables lift and lower garage doors thanks to pulleys offering support.
- Safety cable replacements: Safety cables prevent weakened extension springs from causing serious injury if they snap under pressure. We’ll explain your options for safety cables that run through the garage door springs and attach to the tracking.
Your Source for Garage Door Cable Repairs and Maintenance
Broken residential and commercial garage door cables can result in a complete system shutdown. Luckily, R&R Doors can respond to your garage door emergency in as little as 24 hours to get you back up and running. All of our technicians are friendly and focus on providing you with the best customer experience in the southern Wisconsin region. If you’re located in Madison or Cross Plains, give us a call at (608) 798-3581 to schedule your garage door cable replacement visit today.
Curious about our garage door products and services? Fill out our online form to receive a free estimate.